Thursday 27 June 2013

Thursday 27 June 2013

My meal tonight is a simple one.  Pasta with tuna, lemon and dill.  This recipe is from the Good Food Website.  I use this website all the time.  I have found it to be an efficient way to organise all my recipes and experiment with new ones.  Whilst I fully intend to keep all my cookbooks, I have a large collection of magazines which I can now donate to charity as I have documented all the recipes I want to use to this website.  So freeing up more space for craftwork supplies and fabric (hmm not sure if its a good idea now!)

Anyway

After work I don't usually feel like cooking but I still like to eat a fresh meal.  This is easy to prepare, uses store cupboard ingredients and is both tasty and nutritious.

For 1
Canned tuna   I usually use tuna canned in spring water, but I decided to try it canned in oil.  I used half a     can of tuna.
quarter of a lemon
1 onion
Spaghetti/linguine
salt/pepper





This dish is cooked on the hob.  The measurements are very general, as it really depends on your own taste how much tuna, lemon and onion you use.

I sweated the onion off, in some of the tuna oil, added the zest and juice of the lemon then the tuna and then added the dill.  I add the dill last to preserve its fresh green colour and flavour.

Boil pasta till al dente in salted water.

Add salt and pepper to taste to tuna mixture.

Drain pasta, add to tuna mixture.  Stir tuna and pasta mixture thoroughly.




After tasting the tuna, I decided to add some extra flavourings of my own.  I first added some parmesan, not to much just a teaspoonful then some Dijon Mustard again not too much, start off with a teaspoon, then add to your taste.

Although I usually buy tuna canned in spring water for health reasons, I am pleased that I used tuna in oil. Somehow the dish tasted creamier to me.  I would definitely use canned in oil tuna again for the flavour.

Have a good Friday


4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. Crab linguini with lemon and cherry tomatoes is also really good, I guess it would work with tuna too. We eat a lot of pasta in our house! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian, sounds good, I will have to try it. I love pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    I just discovered your blog and I'm super excited about the "Upcycling" part. I look forward to following you!
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, thanks for that. I am mostly gardening at the moments and trying to learn about blogging (that alone is taking up a disproportionate amount of my time). But I will be posting some of the stuff I have done over the years in the coming months and I have some project to complete as well. I have just read your scorpion post. Ooher! scary.

    ReplyDelete